Tuesday, December 10, 2013

From The Eyes Of Emergency Responders

Sometimes I wish you could see what I see
A lifeless body, his car wrapped around a tree
police say speed is what caused his demise
I am the one who has to look into his lifeless eyes.

You're careless, with no regard
I wish getting through to you wasn't so hard
Your family is what suffers in the end.
Why would you risk so much, my friend?

If for one moment, you looked through my eyes
You would see that life can be taken by surprise
No one is safe from the fate of death
But acting selfish, can quicken it's wrath.

Everyone thinks it can't happen to me
But, for one moment think of what I see
Cars are fast, and when you lose control
Your seat belt does not always save you as a whole

The next time you drive, recklessly
or respond to a text,
that you just can't wait to see
Remember that life can be gone in a flash
And your family is left with the pain of your crash.

Written by: RU- Responders Unite
© Responders Unite- Do not remove author's name from material. 

No comments:

Post a Comment